Shippingcity respects your privacy and takes your online safety seriously. In order to provide you with the best service and timely updates, we record a variety of information from your visit to our site. To better protect your privacy, we provide the notice below explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make in this way your information is collected and used. Thank you for accessing the website. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information. To learn more, please read our Privacy Notice below.
- What information is collected by Shippingcity?
- How Shippingcity uses your information?
- How Shippingcity protects personal information?
- Does Shippingcity have any responsibility by providing links to Third-Party Sites?
- Are children allowed to use Shippingcity.com?
- Where can I find updates of this policy?
- How to contact us?
What information will be collected by Shippingcity?
We do not share information collected via our website with any third parties not affiliated with Shippingcity. We will not sell or rent your personal information. Data is collected at the time of registration and booking.
The types of personal information we may obtain are:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone or fax number)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization)
- Government-issued identification documents (such as driver’s license or other required documents to verify your identity for the purposes of conducting customs business on your behalf)
- Country of origin information (from which country you are accessing the Web site)
- Usernames and passwords used to access Shippingcity resources
- Financial information (such as financial account information used for payment purpose and/or information that may be contained in a consumer report)
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Mobile device unique identifier
- Social Media identifier (such as LinkedIn or Facebook ID)
- Geo-location data
- Other information (such as language preference)
We also collect certain information by automated means. For example, we collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser when you visit our Web sites, or through applications software that you have downloaded. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit, your location and your mobile device unique identifier. We also use "cookies" and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of our Web sites. For example, we may use these technologies to collect information about the ways visitors use this Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. The information we collect from your Web browser and from cookies and other Web technologies does not identify you personally but in some cases we may link it to personally identifiable information.
How Shippingcity uses your information?
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- provide the information, products and services you request;
- provide you, if you are a consumer, with effective customer service;
- provide our customers and carriers with shipment information such as location;
- provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Web sites;
- contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- contact you with information and notices related to your use of our products and services, including our Web sites;
- invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- better understand your needs and interests;
- improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- improve the content, functionality and usability of the Web sites;
- evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with Shippingcity
- help you, if you are a Shippingcity employee, perform your job functions and to manage our workforce;
- promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities; and to manage corporate risk exposure;
- use for any other purpose about which we provide notice at the time of collection.
How Shippingcity protects personal information?
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of information about you. Unfortunately, no Web site, server or database is completely secure or "hacker proof." We therefore cannot guarantee that information about you will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. Shippingcity never collects information for third party commercial marketing purposes nor does it create individual profiles or provide your information to any third party organization. Shippingcity will only share your information with third parties when and as you request or as otherwise required by law.
Does Shippingcity have any responsibility by providing links to Third-Party Sites?
Shippingcity contains links to other web sites. Shippingcity is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites. Shippingcity is not responsible for services provided by any international transportation companies other than us or transportation companies that would be involved in international shipments by Shippingcity.
Are children allowed to use Shippingcity.com?
We are proud of our Web sites and we strive to ensure that they do not offend people of any age. However, unless otherwise noted on a particular site, our Web sites are not intended for children under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personally identifiable information on or through our Web sites without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
Where can I find updates of this policy?
How to contact us ?